AAA Awards 17 Hotels and Seven Restaurants in Mexico with Five Diamond Rating for 2017; Adds Four Seasons México, D.F.
AAA has officially released its much-anticipated list of AAA Five Diamond Hotels and Restaurants for 2017, which includes inventory in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. This year, 17 hotels in Mexico made the list, one up from last year, with the addition of Four Seasons México, D.F. Seven restaurants in Mexico (the same number as last year) have been awarded the AAA Five Diamond Rating.
“Mexico’s luxury hotel portfolio continues to impress even the most discriminating traveler — the AAA inspector,” said Michael Petrone, director, AAA Inspections and Diamond Ratings. “We are pleased to recognize 17 hotels and seven restaurants in Mexico with the Five Diamond Rating, most notable this year being the Four Seasons México, D.F., which was newly added to the AAA Five Diamond list for 2017.”
Continuing a more than 80-year tradition, AAA’s inspectors use published guidelines to conduct unannounced hotel and restaurant evaluations, assigning Approved establishments a rating of One to Five AAA Diamonds. Properties identified by AAA as potential candidates for the Five Diamond Rating undergo multiple evaluations and a final decision by a panel of experts. A Five Diamond hotel provides ultimate luxury, sophistication and comfort with extraordinary physical attributes, meticulous personalized service, extensive amenities and impeccable standards of excellence.
On the addition of the Four Seasons México, D.F., the AAA Inspector notes, “Recently renovated from top to bottom, the design of this AAA Five Diamond hotel is stylish and sophisticated throughout. The elegantly appointed guest rooms are chic and many overlook a beautifully landscaped courtyard. Spanish colonial-inspired rooms feature LCD flat-screen televisions, iPod docking station and mini-bars. Marble-covered bathrooms include a deep soaking tub and separate shower.”
In Mexico, hotels and restaurants in the destinations of Los Cabos, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Riviera Nayarit, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Mexico City were awarded AAA Five Diamond Ratings. The destination of Riviera Maya generated the most AAA Five Diamond hotels with five, followed by Riviera Nayarit with four.
AAA FIVE DIAMOND HOTELS IN MEXICO 2017
1. The Resort at Pedregal (2012)
2. Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort (2002)
3. One&Only Palmilla (2014)
4. Four Seasons México, D.F. (2016)*
5. Banyan Tree Cabo Marques (2013)
6. Hotel Mousai (2015)
7. Grand Luxxe (2014)
8. Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit (2007)
9. Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico (2001)
10. The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort (2009)
11. Le Blanc Spa Resort (2010)
12. The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun (1996)
13. Fairmont Mayakoba (2007)
14. Grand Velas Riviera Maya (2010)
15. Rosewood Mayakobá (2009)
16. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun (2013)
17. Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya (2004)
AAA FIVE DIAMOND RESTAURANTS IN MEXICO 2017
A Five Diamond restaurant provides leading-edge cuisine of the finest ingredients, uniquely prepared by an acclaimed chef, served by expert service staff led by a maître d’ in extraordinary surroundings.
1. Carolina at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort (2010)
(in The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort)
2. Fantino (2006) (in The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun)
3. Le Basilic (2007) (in the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort & Spa)
4. The Club Grill (1999) (in The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun)
5. Cocina de Autor (2013) (in the Grand Velas Riviera Maya)
6. Passion by Martin Berasategui (2014) (in the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla)
7. Le Chique (2014) (in the Azul Sensatori Hotel by Karisma)
2017 AAA Five Diamond List Quick Facts- Comparison of Mexico Among All Rated Destinations
- States with the greatest number of Five Diamond hotels: California (17); Florida (11); New York (10); Quintana Roo, Mexico (7); and Nevada (7).
- Cities with the greatest number of Five Diamond hotels: New York (10); Las Vegas (7); and Chicago (5). Scottsdale, Arizona, Toronto, Canada, and Playa del Carmen, Mexico, each have four Five Diamond hotels.
- States with the greatest number of Five Diamond restaurants: New York (10); California (9); Illinois (6); Quintana Roo, Mexico (6); and Nevada (5).
- Cities with the greatest number of Five Diamond restaurants: New York (9), Chicago (6) and Las Vegas (5). San Francisco and Cancun each have three Five Diamond restaurants.
“Five Diamond establishments represent the upper echelon of hospitality, redefining personalized service, using creativity to enhance guest comfort and providing memorable experiences,” said Petrone. “Attaining the Five Diamond Rating is an impressive accomplishment and is a point of great pride for these top hotels and restaurants.”
For more information about Diamond Ratings and the complete lists of Four and Five Diamond hotels and restaurants, visit AAA.com/DiamondAwards.
Susie Albin-Najera is the creator and editor of The Mexico Report, an internationally recognized travel blog showcasing news, philanthropy and resources for the modern traveler, voted ‘Top Five Favorite Blogs in Mexico’ by About.com Readers’ Choice Awards and ‘Top Blog in Mexico’ by GoOverseas.com. Najera is a brand and destination travel marketing specialist, public relations and social media professional, published writer, author and content provider. Najera serves on the host committee for Maestro Cares, founded by singer Marc Anthony and producer Henry Cardenas; and on the advisory board for Corazon de Vida, an organization providing aid to children in Mexico. She is also the creator of ‘The Real Heroes of Mexico’ showcasing community heroes in Mexico and producer of Latino Thought Makers. Fostering positive relations between countries, Najera has been recognized by the Mexican Consulate and Mexico Tourism Board for her dedication to showcasing Mexico as a featured destination. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org